.
.
.
.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Owens For Delaware City Council

Teri M. Owens For Delaware OH. City Council

Facebook Page: Owens For Delaware City Council
Campaign Page: http://www.voteteriowens.com/

~Friends who believe in me, I will need your help!!~

“LIBERTY IS LOCAL 2013”

About Teri: “I’ve lived and worked in the city of Delaware for more than a decade. I believe problems can be solved while keeping taxes low and government efficient.

My name is Teri M. Owens and I am a candidate for an at-large seat on Delaware's City Council in the November 5, 2013 municipal election. In addition to living in Delaware for more than a decade, I manage a small legal practice in the downtown area. Living and working in Delaware has inspired me to be involved in improving the quality of life for city residents, starting by working to keep taxes low, ensuring efficient management of government and promoting a business friendly environment to enhance economic development.

I am a 1997 graduate of Capital University and received legal training at Ohio State University and Capital University Law School. In addition to being on dean's list I maintained part-time employment while completing a double major and double minor, 3 internships and a clerkship position. In college I was elected Governor of the Ohio District of Circle K International (a collegiate Kiwanis organization) and went on to be awarded distinguished district governor and The George F. Hixson Fellowship - one of Kiwanis International Foundation’s highest honors. I continued my community involvement in the Delaware Evening Kiwanis club serving as club President and on the board of directors. I am also active in several grass-roots organizations working to educate the community and promoting engagement and political involvement.

After college I worked as an Operations Manager for ATM Management in Westerville, Ohio and Director of the Columbus training school for the New Jersey-based company Computer Networking Technologies. In 2003, I helped my husband open his legal practice in Delaware, Ohio and have served as his office manager and legal assistant for 10 years.

I was born in Elyria, Ohio and raised by a single mother. Following much family heartbreak, I was placed in foster care just before my junior year of high school. Despite many personal challenges, I excelled academically being named student of the quarter and student of the month. I was heavily involved in extra-curricular activities such as theatre and choir. I graduated from Port Clinton High School and received the Orphans Foundation and Business and Professional Women’s Club scholarships.

My husband, Robert Owens and I have been married for 15 years and have a 3 year old son whom we named Kessler, after my foster parents, The Reverend Karl and Carol Kessler.”

“LIBERTY IS LOCAL 2013”

No comments: